Monday 16 January 2012

Good Week, Bad Week

So, just over a week on from my last post, and it's been a mixed bag (but not a pick n mix bag!)
I started off so well - all week I had homemade smoothies for breakfast, soup or salad for lunch and a sensible dinner. And what did I snack on? Almonds, celery and carrots! Not bad at all really. Ok 3 out 5 days I had left over chocolate cake but the rest of the time I was very well behaved. However on Friday morning I woke up feeling like crap, my nose was full off snot, I ached and just had no get up and go. I felt so shitty that I only stayed for one Friday after work drink (it was a hot toddy at that - so medicinal!) This meant for the whole weekend I have sat indoors under a blanket, with DVDs and computer games in front of me. My only exercise was shouting a the TV when I couldn't beat a dragon (on a Skyrim - very addictive game, I recommend it!)
To top it off my boyfriend opened the tin of Quality Street we had left over from Christmas and I helped myself to a good old handful of them (if my hands were as big as King Kong that is). So how am I feeling today? Exhausted. I was supposed to join a work mate at Zumba tonight but I feel any sort of cardio would leave me a coughing spluttering mess, so for my (short term) health I have decided to forgo it and start next Monday. I haven't jogged since last weekend but I am determined not to fall behind so tonight I am going to try one of the conditioning classes on one of my DVDs so I can get my muscles working without wearing myself out. Perhaps I will try the Pilates for Beginners DVD I brought months back but haven't taken out of the packaging. You never know the endorphins may help me feel better! I'll let you know how I get on...


No comments:

Post a Comment