Thursday 5 January 2012

New Year Resolutions

Ok dear readers (of which I am sure there is only one!) you may remember I posted some aims last year one of which said "To enjoy Christmas without binging on all the goodies" Well lets just say, the less said about that the better, but it is a New Year now with a renewed outlook.

2012 is going to be quite a busy year for me. We have the Olympics in early August, Skinny Jean's 30th beach party mid August, Paralympics in early September and then I am getting married mid-late September. So looking at this I need to pull my finger out so I can have a summer of rushing around and looking fabulous. But how am I going to achieve this? I started this blog in September and I am the same weight now as I was then (I lost some but put it all back on at Christmas) so clearly I need to sort myself out. I think the key for me is exercise. If I've been for a jog or work out I think, "hell no I don't want that chocolate, it'll ruin all my hard work!" But if I haven't done anything, I think "nevermind I'll be good tomorrow". Well Tomorrow is here and I have to get on track. But how? Well in the spring I will be walking up Mt Snowdon, so I need to start preparing for that. I am also going to sign up for the Royal Parks Half Marathon in October. I always thought I'd do something like this, and now I will. Exercise is going to become an almost daily part of my life. I can't afford to join a gym but I can go jogging, work out at home, and go to a Zumba class once a week - I just need to stop being lazy!

Last year I was always going on about moderation. Which is basically my code for saying "I can still eat crap, as long as it's not too much". Well screw that, it didn't work, so now I am going to be harsh on myself. I am not allowed diet coke, crisps, alcohol or biscuits for the whole of January. It's official, I am on a detox!

So there we go. I will write more later about detoxing, and my new exercise regime later this month but for now I will write down by resolutions for 2012.

1. Weigh 11 stone or less, as soon as possible.
2. Do some kind of exercise (20 minutes minimum) at least 5 days a week
3. Eat well and make healthy choices.
4. DON'T GIVE IN OR BE PUT OFF. It won't happen overnight but it will never happen if I don't stick at it.

Raahhhhhhhhhhhh (that's my battle cry)

No comments:

Post a Comment