Tuesday 31 January 2012

Shoes, shoes, shoes

So, I'm not big on shoes. People think all girls love shoes (and handbags) because whatever size you are you can go out and buy some, but I don't get all the fuss. Perhaps that makes me a traitor to my sex but think about it - how often do you look down at someone's feet? If you're me hardly ever. And as for handbags, don't get me started. I have one small satchel bag, one bigger satchel style bag and a rucksack. Why do people (girls) get so excited by them? To me it's a mystery, they are just a place to put all your crap! But back to the subject in hand: Shoes.

It's a bit shameful to admit but I usually have only one pair of shoes, trainers or flipflops at any one time which I wear until they fall apart and look like this;
If I'm honest, half the time they smell, let water in, and just look darn scruffy but shoes are not something I want to spend money on. However, as I am trying to spend less money on snacks, alcohol & chocolate etc, and to also find treats that are non edible (as rewards to keep me on my healthy living plan) I've been drawn towards trying to improve my presentation. I've started by booking in the hairdressers every 8 weeks (rather than about once a year!) and also buying nice toiletries (that I am going to use!) but now my mind has turned towards shoes. And I can honestly say I think I have brought my best purchase of the year to keep me engaged with exercise. And here they are;
They are Nike Lunarswift+ 3 Shield Women's Running Shoe! And they are magic! I put a little chip on the sole of them and connect that to my ipod and they tell me how far I have run, how fast, and how many calories I have burned. To be honest I have only been for one run in them but they are comfy, supportive and make me feel like a pro. Now, I say I have only been for one run in them but what makes that run extra special is that it was on my lunch break - I hardly ever drag myself out of the office at lunch but these shoes made me want to try them out. There is another reason I couldn't wait to go for a run. The data from your runs can be uploaded to nikeplus.com and you can track your progress, you can also join challenges. Skinny Jeans is the one who mentioned these Nike+ shoes to me (and for that I thank her) and she has set up a challenge between the two of us: who can run the furthest in the next 200 odd days, and as I am a bad loser I am determined to win - let battle commence.

Now when I started this post I said I don't get the fuss about shoes, but there is one pair that I love. They are Vivienne Westwood and in my mind absolutely stunning, and I have brought a pair! They are the most expensive piece of clothing I have ever brought but I want to wear them on my wedding day, so I think one expensive pair of shoes is justified. I've tried them on and they are comfy, glamorous and eye catching, but to make sure I don't feel like an elephant in stilettos I will have to use my trainers for the next few months. For now I will leave you with a picture of these sexy eye candy shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment