Sunday 8 January 2012

What are weekend are for

So, let me tell you a few things I have done today (Sunday)

1. Made a chocolate fudge cake with malteser icing!

2. Watched the 74 stone babysitter on 4OD (I debated about putting a picture on simply because I don't want to be accused of exploiting this woman but she had a documentary made about her so I feel justified using the photo - It is a compeling documentary though, and not completely a freak show like some Channel 5 shows!)

3. Gone for a jog. (This is not me but I wish it was!)

I have to admit number 2 on my list did help to finally kick start me to do number 3, but before we get in to that, I suppose I better answer about the cake first. Today is my boyfriends birthday and he loves chocolate (I know I'm getting married in September but I can't use the F word, it sounds too pretentious, so he's still the bf). I didn't want to simply buy a cake, I wanted it to be special and thoughtful, so I made the chocolatey-ist cake I could! What a great girlfriend I am. But wait a minute Blue Crush I hear you cry, what happened to the "no crisps, diet coke, alcohol and biscuits" you wrote just 2 days ago. Well you will see I cleverly/stupidly/deceptively left off cake and chocolate. However, don't fret just yet - I have had the smallest piece you could imagine (it was divine) and will not being having any more. Birthdays have to be exempt from this no sugar stuff I think, and only birthdays of important people will be considered for this luxury! I also made a roast dinner but a large portion on my plate was taken up by vegetables, so I'm not going to apologise for that.

And now on to the jogging. I have been putting it off because I was scared how unfit I have become since stopping jogging (according to my ipod I haven't gone since 1 November) and to be honest it was quite bad. I have gone back to week one of my 'Couch to 5k' app and could only run for 3 minutes without having to stop and walk, but I have to start somewhere. For the half marathon SJ and I are planning in Oct we apparently need to be able for 30 minutes straight before even considering training to run 13 miles. So that it my current aim. Before I stopped jogging in November I had got to about 7 minutes solid jogging, so I know I can do better than I currently am doing, I just have to push myself.

Another thing I have done this weekend (see how busy I've been because I can feel my energy coming back) is over an hour of my Davina DVD, had a trip to the aquarium (there were more pushchairs than fish) and signed up to the Channel 4 Revolution - Get Fit!

I saw this because I watched a programme called Fat Fighters on 4OD. Basically you sign up and they give you a task to complete each day, for 31 days. This is to kickstart your new year, you can stick at it after the 31 days are up. Today was a simple 2o minute brisk walk, and seeing as I started my jogging, I ticked that as completed. I like the idea of this as it may give me new exercise ideas, so go on, be inspired sign up too and see how you get along! And watch the Fat Fighters too. It's gawdy, loud and more than a little camp (a dominatrix bingo wing busting class anyone?) but that's great for this kind of show, we've moved on from Mr Motivator and I for one would love one of these guys as a personal trainer!

Channel 4 Fat Fighters!

No comments:

Post a Comment