Wednesday 21 September 2011

Finding my Style

Unsurprisingly I don't like going clothes shopping. It's just embarrassing, nothing fits or if it does I don't look good in it. I'm 27 I know that I should have found my style by now but I haven't. Currently I wear either jeans and a hoodie, or black trousers with a relatively smart top. This is not exciting. This is boring, but I wear it because it is all I have. So fashion and I are not friends. This is going to change though, fashion and I are going to be BFF soon. If I have to chase fashion down with a shitty stick and force it to be friends with me I will.

With this in mind I have been searching the Internet for inspiration (or thinspiration if you prefer!) on what style I think I want. To keep me on track I'm going to post some pictures of what I like. This blog will be like the skinny picture you're supposed to stick on fridge!

To spread this out I will start with one style today and post others over the next few weeks.

Now the first place to start is easy - with a name like Blue Crush, surfer/beach style is something I love but have never suited. And do you know what, with this style you can wear hoodies - pretty awesome hoodies at that! 'Now why are you looking at hoodies when you've just complained about them' I hear you cry! Well these are different, you don't put these hoodies on to cover up, but to keep your buff surf body warm after getting out the sea. I can wear hoodies when I get fit because I'll be wearing them to keep warm not in the hope of blending into the background and hiding my belly.

Here is one of my favourites from Roxy;

Now I've decided that when I get buff I am going to have great legs. I'm currently doing lots of squats and walking, and will start jogging this weekend to help with this. Therefore I will need some sexy surfer hot pants to show my toned legs off. These are a great fun pair available from Animal;

Ok and now for the scary issue, swimsuits. I have no illusions about wearing a bikini, I've never worn one, not even as a teenager and I don't think I'll start now. While I may plan to have great legs I don't think my belly can recover from the years of abuse I've subjected it to of Ben and Jerry's ice cream (Phish food and Baked Alaska - yum!) so here are two of suits that I want to be able to wear next summer!

This first one is from Zoggos. It's pretty simply but I like that about it, there's not too much going on, and it doesn't have fussy strap lines. I can see myself wearing this one at the swimming pool doing laps in the winter and when I can't get to the sea!
This one is from Moontide and it a bit more glamorous and fun. Definitely for showing off at the beach with.
So London fashion week may have finished at the weekend but here I am, still blazing a trail for the fashionistas out their with my very first post on fashion. I have to admit it's quite scary as I have no fashion sense at all but hopefully I will get better over the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment