Thursday 29 September 2011

To Weigh or not to Weigh?

I've never been big on weighing myself. Ignorance has always been bliss in my eyes, but since I've started this blog the scales and I have become firm friends. However I don't know if this is for the best. It's good that I can see that the numbers are slowly going down but at the moment I am weighing myself in the morning and then again in the evening, every single day which I know is unnecessary. So here is the question, do I stop completely or try and only do it once a week to make sure I am on track? I honestly don't know the answer. Part of me wants to throw the scales out - this is a lifestyle change not a diet so surely I should be judging this on how I feel and how my clothes fit opposed to just basing it on weight? But then, if I only weigh myself once a week at least I can check that I am on track! The once a week is the sensible answer I know, but then the scales are still there in the bathroom tempting me (blimey from biscuits to scales is there nothing I am tempted by?!) So here we go another area of self control I have to practice, the scales will stay but Friday mornings will be my weigh day and for the rest of the week they can rest. Well that is the plan at least.

On a brighter note I went jogging yesterday. I have started a Couch to 5k podcast and am already on week two (with 3 jogs scheduled each week). It really is knackering, by the end of it I am red, sweaty, and a little bit sweary but I know that it is working. This is because not only do I feel better after a run, which I really do I promise, but it is helping my motivation. Why would I want to each that chocolate when I've just sweated my arse off - it would undo all of my hard work. I think it is safe to say I am in a positive mode at the moment, to be honest I am just pleased that I have stuck at something for longer than I week - long may it continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment