Monday 19 September 2011

New Day, New Blog, New Me?!

So this is my first post. I don't imagine it will be very interesting but you have to start somewhere.

Following 27 years of eating exactly what I like, when I like, I have discovered I have no self control and look exactly like someone with no self control when it comes to food i.e. fat. However as the blog title says this is a new day, so we will not dwell on the past but on the reason I have set this blog up. I feel the need to engage in a whole new lifestyle, not just a faddy diet which will be forgotten by Christmas, so with the encouragement of my friend Skinny Jeans (http://skinnyjeansskinnydreams.blogspot.com) we have entered into a pact (oh yes SJ it's a pact you cannot escape) to change things around. The plan is that by summer 2012 we will go surfing, and although surfing may not be my secret talent (hey it may be, you never know) we will be able to run and frolic (and do all those things happy skinny girls do) down to the beach without embarrassment. If I have to wear a wetsuit I will not look like a great white shark's wet dream of a slow walrus but a svelte happy seal! That is the goal but there is also much more that I want to address and experience over the next year or so that I hope this lifestyle change will help me to do.

I want not just a change in attitude to food and exercise but a change in attitude to life. For a long time, particularly since finishing Uni life has been something I will do or experience later. In all sense and purposes I have become a 'no' person when at heart I want to be a 'yes' person. I want to try new things, meet new people and have a life outside of my job. Just to see how many clichés I can fit into one post I want to work to live to just live to work. Not that I spend hours and hours at work - I really don't, but I don't have much of a social life outside of work. And as much as I like my work colleagues a drink after work every Friday night is not the thrilling life I want. I want the Friday night drinks and so much more. Oh and just to add another spin on this lifestyle change I'm broke so whatever I do will have to be on a tight budget - lucky lucky me! Wish me luck, it may be a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment